Amazon

April 26, 2014

Facebook vs Google+

The two social media platforms appeal to different audiences. Some of us use both of them for the different type of experience you get on them.

Facebook has good FB pages that business setup for you to interact with and learn about them. Google+ also has pages for business to setup. Both platforms offer good content.

Now for the personal accounts on Facebook. It's a mixed bag. I like it for basic communication, sharing moments with family and friends. I plug my blog posts on it. Facebook can be drama book at times. I still use it because most of my connections on it have not embraced Google+ yet.

Google+ personal accounts offer a different interaction from Facebook. The interaction on Google+ is awesome. I meet people from all over the world and you can do the same on FB but it seems easier on G+. It's a diffent feeling on G+ for me. All those bogus reports of G+ being a ghost town that I read are full of crap because I must be a ghost communicating with other ghosts then.

Sharing content to specific groups of people I find easier on G+ using their circle feature to group people in specific circles to post too and monitor feeds. The FB lists to group your friends in specific lists to post too and monitor feeds is Ok.

I did not forget about Twitter. You cannot compare Twitter to FB and G+ because it's use is so different. Twitter is in a class all by itself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment