Amazon

March 9, 2015

My Utility Server

I was privileged to work at two companies that allowed me to have my own personal Microsoft Server to support the enterprise. I had a physical server at one company and a VMware server at another company. I was responsible for maintaining my server. I installed all my support utilities and applications on it. I staged documentation on it to latter upload to SharePoint.

The server was my personal assistant that I could not live without. I used it all the time to VPN into to provide remote support. I had a desktop PC in my office to use when I was there. I was a very busy Systems Administrator who also was a Project Manager too. Always away from my desk all the time so my personal server came in very handy to connect to from a guest PC when I was not in my office. 

No comments:

Post a Comment