Amazon

March 7, 2014

Our digital friends

Have we become so in love with our smart phones and tablets that we are losing out on social interactions and not smelling the roses along the way. We should have seen the digital evolution coming. When phones were still dumb with only texting capabilities we would text up storms instead of calling a person. Now we still text,  but also post to social media sites and have video chats. We have come a long way in a short time.

Technology is good if you find a balance in it and don't let it control your life. I have to admit my phone and tablet are devices that I need now and can't part with them. My phone is an extension of me to the cloud where most of my data lives.

Our children are becoming technology addicts too. My young granddaughters have android tablets and have no problems using it. They know how to to install apps and remove apps. 

It's all about being connected to everything. We wait for text messages, social media posts or a call. Call? Oh yes, I guess we still call each other if we have too. We share our life on social media sites, some times with way to much information. Let's try to keep the drama to a minimum, we all have enough drama in our own life. 

One good and bad thing is that built in camera on our phones. Used properly it captures precious moments that we can share and remember. The bad thing is all those selfies and stupid pic posts to social media sites. I like a good selfies and pics, moderation is the key.

No comments:

Post a Comment